I've always had my troubles finding the perfect computer wallpaper. Most wallpaper images online are poorly saved, leaving you with a screen of digital artifacts and the empty thought of "how can I just do this myself?" I recently made a great stride in my life-long aspiration to have the coolest computer wallpaper ever. It's a bit of a process, but it's worth it:
- Download a HD movie trailer
- Find the frame you like, freeze it, and blow up the movie as large as it goes (even if it goes beyond your screen)
- Frame grab the screen with GRAB application (in utilities). Take two pictures if the movie is too big to fit on your screen.
- If two pictures, merge them together in PHOTOSHOP.
- In PHOTOSHOP - edit the picture to fit the same resolution as your screen.
- BAMN! You have it.
My Simpsons creation from this morning has perfect screen ratio and a very high-resolution image, leaving me with a fantastic view of Springfield everytime I close a window on my computer. The frame itself was super-widescreen, so I added a few inches of blue on the top and a few clouds in there for fun. Problem is, I am stuck with only recent movie trailers to choose from. I will master the wallpaper grabs from DVDs. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday.