Thursday, October 14, 2010

Online (Flash Video) FLV into QT

I am quite proud of myself for figuring this one out - I needed to download a streaming flash video online and convert it into a Quicktime (QT).  Here is the break down on how to do it on a MAC (there are several free programs you can download for windows that I was not able to try).
 
1 - Using FIREFOX, download and instal a FLV (flash) downloader.  I believe there are two or three, but the one I used was KARBON and can be downloaded here
 
2 - Install PERIAN, you can download it herePerian is a free, open source QuickTime component that adds native support for many popular video formats.
 
3 - Regular quicktime probably won't open the FLV file, but Final Cut Pro (FCP) will.  You are all set, unless you don't have FCP.

1 comment:

Cookies said...

Thank you for very good blog about English forums. It's very nice.